Students are accepted into the college through three entrances:
1. Graduates of general secondary education in the scientific branch, representing the main source for the department.
2. Students from graduates of technical institutes.
3. Students from graduates of industrial professional preparatory schools.
The study in the Department of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineering follows the annual academic system, with a duration of four academic years. During this period, students receive both theoretical and practical lessons. Students undergo systematic training during the second and third stages, which takes place during the summer break in specialized laboratories.
Graduates of the Department of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineering are awarded a Bachelor's degree in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineering, which is part of the general field of Mechanical Engineering. They are eligible to apply for membership in the Iraqi Engineers Syndicate, and the certificate qualifies them to become practical engineers. Graduates also have the right to apply for postgraduate studies inside and outside the country.
Job Description For A Graduate
- Preparing engineering technical personnel to meet the human resource requirements for development with technical competencies.
- Establishing the principle of community participation in promoting technical engineering education.
- Implementing an educational system characterized by flexibility and adaptation to modern technologies and labor market indicators.
- Contributing to revitalizing training and qualification to enhance the scientific, practical, and skill levels.
- Developing and updating technical education to align with the requirements of development.
- Working to enhance the skills of employees in government agencies, public and private sectors, and cooperatives by contributing to organizing rehabilitation and training programs during service, as well as retraining based on the needs and requirements of the labor market.
- Consolidating relations with universities, applied colleges, vocational training institutions, and other relevant entities to achieve integration.
- Openness to the community and adopting a positive role in the training, qualification, and rehabilitation of individuals.